Friday, April 13, 2012

Tutorial: Origami Butterfly

Ok, so I know this is not a tutorial on an origami bunny like I said I would be doing, but this is a tutorial on an origami butterfly (Yea, I know it's not the same)... :)
My origami bunny is still in the process of being edited... I do still intend on posting it, but I came across a picture of an origami butterfly on Pintrest and I just had to make one, and then one turned into three and three turned into eight and then I thought, "I should do a tutorial!" So, here is my tutorial on how to make an origami butterfly, haahaa. I hope you enjoy!
(And I promise the origami bunny tutorial is coming soon!)    :)


A small square piece of scrapbook paper
or
A piece of origami paper

Time: three to five minutes

Start with the color side up
Fold in half both ways, then
unfold and turn around



Fold diagonally both ways, then unfold



 
Collapse the edges of the middle crease to the bottom middle crease, like the picture above. You should have something that looks like this:


Take the tips of the upper layer only and fold
to the point...

Flip your paper over and fold top corner past edge.
Fold the "little triangular flap" that is over the edge, down over the center line

Tip:
Do not flatten the bottom of the triangles sides, only fold down the "little triangle flap" that is over the center line...
Fold your paper in half like the picture below...

And that's it... I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
If you have any questions or comments let me know in the comments box, thanks! :)


Micaela

No comments:

Post a Comment