Thursday, December 15, 2011

How To Make- A Gift Box Bow


I love ribbon and whenever I have an excuse to use one of the many rolls in my growing collection, I take it! So today, I decided, with Christmas just around the corner, I would make, and show you how to make a gift box bow. I bought the ribbon that I'm using today at Michaels for $1.99. Thank you Michaels for your wonderful sales! This pattern is simple and easy and requires very little time.


You will need:
ribbon
 hot glue gun
stapler
ruler
scissors

Time: Five minutes (give or take)

Step ONE

Cut three strips of ribbon 12 inches long,
Cut another three strips of ribbon 11inches long,
Cut two strips of ribbon 10 inches long,
and cut the last strip of ribbon 3 1/2 inches long.

Step TWO


Twist each strip into loops that make a figure eight and staple in the center.
Shape the last, smallest strip into a circle and secure with a staple.

Step THREE

Layer the first three longest pieces on top of each other, spacing them evenly and securing them with a dot of glue from a hot glue gun. Add the next two groups of pieces, doing the same. Finally, stick the loop in the center, with the stapled end at the bottom.
So there you have it, a beautiful gift box bow, made by your very own hands! Enjoy!
Micaela

No comments:

Post a Comment